Medicines Governance in Primary Care
Medicines Governance in Primary Care is supported by the Pharmacy & Medicines Management Team at the Health & Social Care Board (HSCB).
The team is responsible for supporting the delivery of the HSCB’s medicines-related governance agenda and overseeing the management of primary care medicines- related governance arrangements, specifically relating to prescribing and community pharmacy.
- Management of patient safety incidents
- Promotion of medication incident reporting
- Sharing the learning from reported medication incidents
- Development and implementation of regional best practice policies and recommendations
- Risk education
- Co-ordination of medicines governance work e.g. action related to NPSA Alerts
- Controlled drugs and the Shipman programme